viernes, 12 de septiembre de 2008

It's My Birthday and I'll Cry If I Want To

Even if I have no reason to. That's just a great song. So I'm 24 today. I feel ancient. And in the mood for writing short sentences. Wow, I never thought I'd be a mom and married (yes, in that order) before I was 24. It feels weird, good, but weird.

So, we got married yesterday. I'm waiting on the photos. I was indeed the blushing bride, if only because the damn taxi driver left me on the wrong side of the goverment buildings and i had to run across a huge courtyard in my dress, flowery hair and high heels. It was a very simple ceremony with just the two of us and the judge. I got my now husband a fantastic Dr. House T-shirt as a wedding gift. Arn't I the coolest bride? Our families are coming over to eat today, by families I mean his family and my Dad and Aunt. Well maybe not my Aunt. I get to cook and clean the house, 'cos he's at work. Happy Birthday Silvia! Here's some household cleaners and food items.... hmmm maybe I can combine the two and make sure this never happens again...

Oh, its Mexico's Independence Day next week, so there was a little party at my son's school today. I forgot to buy him a red ribbon he needed to wear around his neck, so I "borrowed" one from one of my dresses. I'll sow it back on later....
He danced "el jarabe tapatio", which looks like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtDNYqGNK3A

Of course it's not as impressive when it's performed by four year olds, but the other moms and indeed myself, still clapped and squealed with delight like morons :)

1 comentario:

Rachel dijo...

Happy Birthday dearheart! I remembered it but I got the dates wrong - thought the 12th was today. And Congratulations! on your wedding day. Third time lucky after all. I'm getting hugely emotional here and very sad that I can't afford to come and visit you all. Send me your Mexico City address so I can send you nice things to attempt to take my place. *many embraces and kisses for the Froglet* Love you!